Memphis and Nashville
Both cities claimed antiquity. Florence was the birthplace of humanism, and the fastest to erect the neoclassical edifices and impossible bronzes which made it feel like a new Rome. Yet how could Florence be a new Rome when Rome was only a few days’ rides away? Renaissance Rome profited from humanism, gaining international esteem, and controlling the lion’s share of Italian antiquities. Even Petrarch had confirmed the supremacy of the eternal city by choosing to be crowned poet laureate in Rome.
The Vatican’s wealth and prestige made it easy for Rome to hire away the best of Florence’s artists and scholars—or demand their services with threats if need be—so Rome grew grander and more classical with every Florentine innovation.
Florentines tried many strategies to advance their city’s status as a classical capital, presenting Florence as a new Athens, supreme in culture over Rome, or as a new Roman republic, a truer successor to antiquity than the papal monarchy. When you think about Florence, the main things that come to mind are art, architecture and museums. Florence may not be big as Rome, but it has plenty of important museums and art galleries that are world-famous and deserve to be visited, such as the Uffizi Gallery and Accademia. Not to mention all the churches and buildings around the city that host masterpieces by the greatest artists, such as Michelangelo and Donatello just to name a few.
Transfer to Graceland for your VIP Tour, including:
- Graceland Mansion Audio-Guided Tour with New Orientation Film
- Self-guided tour of Exclusive VIP Exhibit
- Self-guided tour of Elvis’ Custom Jets
- Full Access to all-new Elvis Presley’s Memphis Entertainment Complex, which includes:
- Self-guided tour of Presley Motors Automobile Museum
- Self-guided tour of Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum
- Self-guided tours of Elvis Discovery Exhibits
- Immersive and Interactive Experiences – NEW!
- Front-of-the-Line Mansion Access
- Keepsake Backstage Pass
Lunch on own in one of the two Graceland Restaurants
Afternoon exploring Beale Street
Dinner on own
8:00 am Breakfast at the Hotel
10:00 am Walking tour of Downtown Nashville – Meet guide at the Bridgestone Arena marquee at 501 Broadway, southwest corner of 5th & Broadway.
Lunch on own in downtown
1:00 pm Afternoon at the Andrew Jackson Hermitage
Return to hotel to freshen-up
- AM – Morning check out and departure to Assisi. Walking Tour of Assisi with local guide.
- Highlights of this tour include Basilica di San Francesco (St Francis of Assisi), Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli (most sacred place for Franciscans), Basilica di Santa Chiara (St Clare), Cattedrale di San Rufino (13th century church), Piazza del Comune with Roman temple Tempio di Minerva and Rocca Maggiore (14th century fortress).
- PM – Lunch on its own in Assisi. The afternoon continues to the Rome airport area for check-in.
- EVE – Festive Farewell dinner with music and overnight Rome airport area.
Why Book Your Group Tour with American Journeys Intl
EXTRA TRAVEL BONUSES
We look forward to accommodating your group and making sure you have a memorable trip of a lifetime. As your group grows we can offer various benefits from discounts, deals.
All of our tours include a tour manager to make sure every detail is perfect. Plus, professional tour guides to lead you through each city
All of our packages include two meals a day, all attractions, hotel accommodations, transportation, and all taxes, tips, and service charges, so you do not have to worry about anything.