Garden Tour Netherlands
This Garden Tour is part of the International Floriade show held in the Netherlands every 10 years. Participate in the show and travel to different towns in the Netherlands and Belgium to view some of the most beautiful gardens in the world. If you are a green thumb, this is a great tour for you.
Spend your days in and around Amsterdam, one of the most charming cities in Europe. During private, insider-led touring, enjoy a private cruise through the city’s famous canals; tour world-renowned museums such as the Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House and Van Gogh Museum; and visit the most interesting neighborhoods to see our favorite markets, courtyard gardens, churches, gabled houses, canals and bridges.
Tour Amsterdam’s Hortus Botanicus botanical garden, or, if desired, visit an urban farming project where locals grow fresh produce. Also enjoy a private visit to a bulb-growing greenhouse (in season) to learn first-hand about the cultivation process and the Netherlands’ important tulip trade.
- Arrival at Amsterdam international airport Schiphol.
- Meet your European Tour Manager who will remain with you throughout the tour.
- Board your private coach and drive to the heart of the bulb-growing area of Holland.
- Enjoy a visit to the Keukenhof Gardens, a world-renowned display garden, a 70-acre estate where 7 million bulbs are planted annually by local growers.
- (22nd March – 9th May 2022 (to be reconfirmed).
PM Enjoy lunch at the Keukenhof. Continue to Arnhem and check into your hotel. Welcome dinner and overnight in Arnhem.
Note: Pending opening hours of the Keukenhof Gardens. If Keukenhof Gardens are closed it will be replaced by a visit to the open-air museum and village the Zaanse Schans including a visit to the Cheese Farm.
- After breakfast at your hotel, visit the Kröller-Müller Museum and the Hoge Veluwe National Park in Otterlo.
- The Kröller-Müller Museum has the second-largest Van Gogh collection in the world: almost 90 paintings and over 180 drawings.
- In the sculpture garden, one of the largest in Europe, you can enjoy both sculptures and nature.
- Distributed throughout the garden are over 160 sculptures by famous artists, from Aristide Maillol to Jean Dubuffet and from Marta Pan to Pierre Huyghe.
- Possible lunch stop at the Teagarden in Millingen-on the- Rhine.
- Here you will see sculptures, luxuriant planting, and lagoons.
- The owner’s aim was to make a southern garden in a northern climate.
Afternoon visit of the Gardens of Appeltern, a park with more than 200 model gardens, where you can admire the largest collection of plants in the Netherlands.
EVE – DinNer on its own. Overnight in Arnhem.
- AM – After breakfast at your hotel you will check-out and board drive to Maastricht, another old city and founded by the Romans, for a visit to private garden Heerenhof, a beautifully designed garden by Opstal and Willemse despite its long and narrow size.
PM – Have lunch on your own in picturesque Maastricht and continue to Bruges.
EVE – Group dinner at your hotel or a local restaurant (TBC).
Overnight in Bruges.
- AM – Breakfast at your hotel.
- Enjoy a Walking Tour of Bruges with a local guide.
- Highlights of this tour include the medieval Old Town with winding streets and canals, the Beguinage with its white-colored houses and convent garden.
- Burg Square with the 14th century Gothic City Hall, Basilica of the Holy Blood, Market Square with the Belfry of Bruges (medieval bell tower), Church of Our Lady (Michelangelo’s world-famous sculpture of Madonna and Child) and the Rozenhoedkaai (city’s most scenic spot).
- End your tour with the Bruges Canal Cruise, a unique experience is to discover the beauty of Bruges by boat. During the middle ages, the winding network of canals played a vital role in the prosperity of the city.
- Highlights of this cruise are the Minnewater (Lake of Love) and the Groenerei (considered the most beautiful canal of all).
PM – Afternoon visit of Beer brewery De Halve Maan with a local guide. Learn about the traditional brewing method of Bruges and visit both the modern brewery and the museum. Beer tasting included!
EVE – Dinner on own. Overnight in Bruges.
- AM – Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Drive to Antwerp for an orientation tour with an impressive market square, huge cathedral, and many intimate little alleys full of shops, pubs, etc. See the Grand Place, Town Hall, and the Brabo fountain.
PM – After lunch transfer with your private coach to the Netherlands. Visit Trompenburg Gardens & Arboretum. Trompenburg is a beautifully designed botanic garden boasting a large collection of trees, shrubs, perennials, bulbs, and tubers. Located in the district of Kralingen just outside Rotterdam city center, this is a real treasure trove for any plant lover and an oasis of tranquility for walkers away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
EVE – Group dinner and overnight in Amsterdam.
Note: Also possible to visit Kinderdijk, an authentic Unesco World Heritage site where you will learn about windmills and how they prevented Kinderdijk against the water.
- AM – Have breakfast at your hotel.
Visit the Aalsmeer Flower Auction(Monday through Friday), the world’s largest flower auction. See how flowers and pot plants are auctioned and made ready to be transported all over the world.
PM – The following lunch on your own enjoy the Amsterdam Canal Cruise. This is no doubt the best way to admire the architecture and beauty of the 17th-century canal district. Highlights of this cruise include the Golden Bend (Gouden Bocht), the tall elegant canal houses with their wide variety of gables, and the Seven Bridges. Afternoon at leisure for a visit to the Rijksmuseum or souvenir shopping.
EVE – Dinner on own. Overnight in Amsterdam.
DAY – Breakfast at your hotel. To conclude this garden tour you will transfer to Almere for a visit to the wonderful Floriade 2022. You will have a full day to explore the international exhibition and garden festival, held every 10 years. With the theme ‘Growing Green Cities’, the Exposition will focus on the Green City of the Future for six months. The Floriade site will be a living laboratory with inspirational exhibitions by countries, cities, and innovative businesses.
EVE – Farewell dinner at for example Restaurant the Kas.Overnight in Amsterdam.
Why Book Your Group Tour with American Journeys Intl
EXTRA TRAVEL BONUSES
We look forward to accommodating your group and making sure you have a memorable trip of a lifetime. As your group grows we can offer various benefits from discounts, deals.
All of our tours include a tour manager to make sure every detail is perfect. Plus, professional tour guides to lead you through each city
All of our packages include two meals a day, all attractions, hotel accommodations, transportation, and all taxes, tips, and service charges, so you do not have to worry about anything.