From the wind-whipped tip of Malin Head in County Donegal to the balmy beauty of Kinsale town in County Cork, the west of Ireland will wow you with its epic landscapes and charm you with its quiet moments. This is a place that has inspired dreamers and drifters, poets and painters, with a landscape laced with dry-stone walls, thatched cottages, brooding mountains, and deserted beaches. Escape, explore and enjoy an off-the-beaten-track adventure on the very edge of Europe.
Tourism Ireland also works with the international travel trade to help influence overseas consumers to visit the island of Ireland. Partners include traditional and online tour operators, travel agents – including leading consortia, as well as online intermediaries and websites popular with potential leisure travellers. Tourism Ireland undertakes an extensive program of familiarisation or fact-finding visits for tour operators and travel agents from key markets each year, to enthuse them about the superb tourism experience to be enjoyed here and empower them to sell the destination even more successfully when they return home.
- Your tour begins at 2:00 PM at your hotel in Dún Laoghaire, a charming seaside suburb.
- Head out for a panoramic tour of Dublin, seeing historic O’Connell Street, Georgian buildings and squares, and St Stephen’s Green.
- Stroll through Trinity College with a local guide and view one of Ireland’s greatest treasures: the Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript crafted by monks in the 9th century.
- Return to your hotel for a welcome drink with your fellow guests, and then enjoy an independent evening of dining and exploring as you wish.
- Head to the vibrant, artistic city of Galway. Along the way, enjoy a drink at Sean’s Bar in Athlone, a CIE Tours Exclusive venue. The oldest pub in Europe, Sean’s Bar has been quenching thirsts since 900 AD. Join a local guide for a walking tour through Galway and discover this thriving city of medieval winding lanes and buzzing street life. Enjoy some free time to explore Galway on your own, then join your fellow travelers for dinner at your hotel.
- Explore scenic Connemara to admire how constantly-changing cloud formations give granite hills, sparkling lakes, and peat bogs an added dimension.
- Take a short catamaran cruise of Killary Harbour, a 9-mile fjord (seasonal). Head to Kylemore Abbey set beside a tranquil lake, and see its elegant rooms, the charming church, and the Victorian Walled Gardens.
- Return to Galway where the evening is free to explore the city (B).
- Travel south around Galway Bay and through the stark beauty of the Burren, a distinctive limestone landscape.
- Immerse yourself in farm life as you watch trained sheepdogs herd their flock. Visit the Cliffs of Moher, rising 700 feet above the pounding Atlantic surf.
- Head to the friendly town of Killarney, taking a ferry across the River Shannon Estuary.
- In Killarney, take in an evening of traditional Irish entertainment, with a lively show of music and dance as you dine. (B)
- Take a traditional horse-drawn jaunting car through Killarney National Park to scenic Ross Castle, set on the shores of Lough Leane.
- See the highlights of Ireland’s most popular scenic drive, the Ring of Kerry.
- The stunning coastal and mountain landscapes will provide plenty of photo opportunities.
- Stop in the Gap of Dunloe to visit Moriarty’s, a CIE Tours preferred shopping partner. Visit the colorful village of Kenmare and enjoy free time to explore its charming craft shops, art galleries, and cafes.
- When you return to Killarney your evening is free to explore as you wish.
- Drive through the mountains into the rich farming country on the way to Blarney Castle.
- Kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or explore the tranquil gardens.
- Travel along the coast to the Marine Bar in Dungarvan, a CIE Tours Exclusive Venue, for some traditional music.
- Continue to Waterford, where you’ll watch skilled artisans create sparkling masterpieces during your visit to the House of Waterford Crystal, a CIE Tours preferred shopping partner. (B, D)
- Join a local guide for a walking tour through the narrow streets of Waterford, discovering its fascinating past.
- Head to Kilkenny for free time to discover the medieval city center.
- Tour the beautifully restored Kilkenny Castle to see glorious 17th-century tapestries, family portraits, and sumptuous furnishings reflecting the lifestyle of the Butler family who once resided there.
- Travel on to Dublin, where you’ll dine with a glass of wine at the popular Cleaver East restaurant. (B, D)
Why Book Your Group Tour with American Journeys Intl
EXTRA TRAVEL BONUSES
We look forward to accommodating your group and making sure you have a memorable trip of a lifetime. As your group grows we can offer various benefits from discounts, deals.
All of our tours include a tour manager to make sure every detail is perfect. Plus, professional tour guides to lead you through each city
All of our packages include two meals a day, all attractions, hotel accommodations, transportation, and all taxes, tips, and service charges, so you do not have to worry about anything.